Your Child’s Safety
in the Library
The Tomahawk Public Library is a public
place. The library staff are very concerned for the safety of
all children who use the library. However, staff duties do not
include child care or child supervision. The responsibility for
children’s safety and behavior rests with parents and
responsible adult caregivers.
Please review the following guidelines
to insure a positive library
• For their comfort and safety, children
under age 8 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
• Library staff reserves the right to limit
Internet use by any adult whose children are inadequately
• Library staff reserves the right to inform
children that their behavior is unsafe or disruptive to others.
Children who do not comply may be asked to leave the
• Any child who feels unsafe in the library
for any reason
should inform a library staff member.
• If children are left alone in the library
at closing time,
library staff will contact a parent or
guardian. If no
responsible adult can be reached, staff will
local police department.
• Children’s use of all library materials,
including the Internet, is the sole responsibility of the
Adopted by the Board of Trustees
December 16, 2013