Enjoy FREE eBooks on your
EBooks can be transferred from your computer to a compatible eBook reader using Adobe Digital Editions software.
STEP 1 – Install Software on Your Computer
1. Connect to our Tomahawk Public Library website:
2. Install the OverDrive Console Tool
by clicking on the icon and following the instructional windows.
3. Install Adobe Digital Editions, also located on our website (above) by clicking on the icon .
Follow installation instructions.
(Install required software for your device. Example: Sony Readers require “Reader Library Software”.)
STEP 2 – Authorize Software
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions. The “Setup Assistant” dialog box is displayed.
2. Click “Continue”. The “Activation” screen is displayed.
3. Under “Authorize Computer”, enter the email address and password for your Adobe ID. If you do not have an Adobe ID:
a. Click “Get an Adobe ID online”.
b. Follow the instructions to sign up for an Adobe ID.
c. Return to activation screen and enter your new Adobe ID.
4. Click “Activate”.
5. Click “Finish” to close dialog box.
STEP 3 – Check Out Books
1. Visit the library’s virtual branch: go to Wisconsin’s Digital Library at http://dbooks.wplc.info. Or click on the Wisconsin Digital Library tab in the lefthand column of our website.
2. Browse for a title.
3. Check out the title by selecting “Add to My Cart” and then “Proceed to Checkout”. (If a title is already checked out, you may request it by clicking on “Place a Hold”.)
4. Check out using your library card information. Click on “Confirm check out”.
5. Click on “Download” to download title. When prompted to open or save file, select “Open”.
STEP 4 – Transfer the Title to your
1. When you download your title, Adobe Digital Editions opens automatically.
2. Connect your eBook reader to your computer and follow the prompts to authorize your device. (Use the same Adobe ID as before.)
3. Drag and drop the Adobe eBook to your eBook reader (under “Bookshelves”).
4. When the transfer is complete, safely disconnect your ereader from your computer.
STEP 5 – ENJOY!
You can now read your selected title on your eReader. The eBook will be automatically “returned” when your load period expires. It will remain (inactive) on your computer until you delete the file.